miércoles, 9 de octubre de 2013

Welcome on board, Ireland!

Bri­die Keary


bridie irlanda


I live in Gal­way in the west of Ire­land and am a grad­u­ate of the National Uni­ver­sity of Ire­land. I have worked for many years in the pub­lic ser­vice in Ire­land as a teacher and as a scientist.


My inter­est in host­ing for­eign stu­dents, and arrang­ing home­s­tays with Irish host fam­i­lies began in 1999. Since then we have hosted many stu­dents in our own home as well as organ­is­ing home­s­tay place­ments for for­eign stu­dents with Irish host fam­i­lies. I also actively par­tic­i­pated in the process of Twin­ning our local vil­lage Monivea with Tremeven in France and par­tic­i­pate reg­u­larly in the exchanges between our communities.


I and my fam­ily travel a lot and have a strong aware­ness and appre­ci­a­tion of the value of learn­ing other lan­guages and a belief in ‘Total Immer­sion’ as the most endur­ing method of learn­ing a for­eign language.


bridie@aventuro.org



Welcome on board, Ireland!

Traductor del blog / Blog's translator